The Cotten's (Props to Kelsey Call Photography)

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Zoo June 09

I went to the zoo with all of my kids, my mom, her husband David, and David's daughter Emily and her two daughters. We also met up with Rachel Turner and her kids. We left early to try to beat the heat, but by 11 am we were already dying in the Texas summer heat. We saw what animals we could and then retreated to the splash pad. We were out of there by 1:30 pm and everyone slept on the way home from being exhausted by the heat!

Chloe and big sissy Candy at one of the Ape exhibits!

Here is Kassidy sitting with our friends Rachel and two of her kids Aubrey and Nathan.

Chloe is crouching tiger hidden water baby! She had so much fun at the zoo splash pad!

Here is a shot of all three of my bathing beauties! Kassidy about scared my mother and I to death when she took off with a little friend that she made at the splash pad to play hide and seek over at a different part of the children's zoo. Luckily I noticed her absence quickly, and was able to locate her with in a few minutes of her escape. When I asked her what she was thinking, she said that she just wanted to play hide and seek with her friend. As I returned with Kassidy and her friend back to the splash pad the friends mother had just discovered the girls absence and had started to look around frantically for her. She and I were both relieved together at them being found.

1 comment:

DNAgallows said...

You are brave to go out in the heat. It must be something about the age...Cohen did the same thing at church. There were a lot of people I didn't know. I was very worried and upset. He was hiding in the "janitor" closet. That is a horrible feeling.