The Cotten's (Props to Kelsey Call Photography)

Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Surprise 30th B-Day Party

I had a fabulous 30th B-Day! The weekend before my B-day we had a family party for both mine and Ryan's birthday that was outstanding! My family made Ryan and I fajitas! On the actual weekend of my B-day Ryan and I were away by ourselves for our anniversary. We got a room at the Hilton down by the Galleria. While away for the weekend Ryan scheduled a surprise B-day lunch at a Brazilian steakhouse named the Angus Grill where we had the most amazing food. My favorite was the pineapple that was coated in a cinnamon glaze and then roasted over an open flame.

Now to top all of that off my sisters schemed and surprised me with a surprise B-day party with all of my girlfriends and of course the other wonderful women in my family. I knew that we were having a girls night out, but I thought I was just going to meet a few of my friends up at my favorite Mexican food place. My sisters planned a full out celebration at my sister Jenny's house! They got it catered from Los Vega Mexican Restaurant.

I could not believe how many family and friends came to my party. It was really quite amazing. One of my longtime friends from high school (Kate Zollinger) even drove all the way from Katy to be there. My other friend Ruth who makes the most amazing cakes, made me my favorite cake! Just the devine smell of the cake would have been enough to last me a year, but actually getting to eat it is amazing! Everyone made fun of me for how excited I was to taste the cake. I think they were actually worried that I might lick it before they cut me a piece. After dinner those of us who are night owls went to see the movie My Sisters Keeper. Everyone cried their eyes out! Definitely a chick flick!

I really appreciated my sisters being willing to go to the extra effort to make turning 30 so special! I feel so blessed to have so many great friends in this area now! Of course I have always had great family! I love y'all!

No comments: